Friday, February 27, 2009

A Banalidade do Mal. E a do Amor.

O LEITOR



It was said that a new person had appeared on the sea-front:
a lady with a little dog.
Chekhov



Come then, put away our sword in its sheath, and let us
two go up into my bed so that, lying together
in the bed of love, we may then have faith and trust in each other."

I would not be willing to go to bed with you unless
you can bring yourself, O goddess, to swear me a great oath
that there is no other evil hurt you devise against me."

So I spoke, and she at once swore me the oath, as I asked her.
But after she had sworn me the oath, and made an end of it,
I mounted the surpassingly beautiful bed of Circe.

Homero



Hannah Arendt
Eichmann in Jerusalem
A Report on the Banality of Evil

Can take away your life
but not give you death instead.


Sarah Kane

No comments: